Calculated risks and potentialized opportunities for your business.
MeirellesMilaré assists its national and international clients (individuals, companies, business groups, investors, entrepreneurs, private equity funds, venture capital funds, asset managers and financial institutions) to plan their businesses in a secure, profitable and informed way, through advice, planning and structuring that subsidize their decisions and offer them new opportunities.
We specially act in:
– incorporating privately held or publicly held corporations, limited companies, joint ventures, investment funds, consortiums, associations, foundations and corporate organizations;
– interpreting and applying the corporate and commercial law, including advisement for startups and incubators regarding alternatives for investment and conversion of financings into equity (seed money, angel investments);
– negotiating, elaborating and reviewing articles of association and bylaws, shareholders’ or quotaholders’ agreements, subscription agreements, investment agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements, put/call options purchase and sale agreements;
– elaborating amendments to articles of associations and bylaws and corporate minutes of meetings of shareholders and management;
– planning and implementing corporate reorganizations, mergers, spin-offs and transformations;
advising with the compliance of fiduciary duties by publicly held companies managers and investment funds managers;
– structuring the corporate governance of limited companies and privately held or publicly held corporations;
– representation in general meetings of shareholders or partners or debenture holders;
– formation of committees, relationship with shareholders/partners, organization of boards of directors with independent members, analysis of scenarios involving conflict of interests and in related party transactions;
– assessment of corporate contingencies (due diligence);
– defending partners’ and shareholders’ rights in administrative and judicial proceedings, mediation and arbitration, in Brazil and abroad.